Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Error F40
The Cabrio Washer F40 error happens when the main control detects the automatic temperature control is open or shorted. The steps to take to try and repair this problem are listed below:
- Plug the washer back up, remove all clothes from the washer and do the following:
- Verify water inlet valve operation, make sure that both the hot and cold water side of the inlet valve is putting water in the machine normally.
- Unplug the washer and check that you home water supply lines are turned on and have pressure and follow the next steps.
- Press power/cancel, wash rinse temp – warm cold, start/pause.
- After the tub fills and stars washing stop the washer and verify the water is 85 to 95 degrees F.
- If the water temperature checks out the automatic temperature control is working properly.
- Try to start a cycle and see if the Cabrio Washer Error F40 persists.
4. If the water temperature is not correct turn off the water supply on your home, remove the supply hoses from the washer and put the hot water line over in the washer tub and turn it on and verify hot water is available.
5. If hot water is available then there are some other troubleshooting steps you can perform with an ohm/volt meter to diagnose the failure, if you have a meter and want to know how to complete the tests let us know and a tech can help you further.
If you need the specific diagnostic steps to take for the Whirpool Cabrio Washer Error F40 then click on the live tech help button at the bottom right of the page and let one of our technicians help you in live chat. You can also visit our Tech Help Service Center and order a Custom Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Error F40 Repair Guide.
This error code applies to the models below in the tag section and many more.