May 9, 2024

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Frigidaire affinity ATF8000FS1 isn't stepping to next part of cycle.

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

It has a new Control board, machine does wash, and it will drain and spin in spin only cycle.

2 Answers

First see if there are any stored error codes:

Start by pressing any button on the control panel to wake the washer control. Wait 5 seconds, then press and HOLD the Start/Pause and Cancel buttons simultaneously.

As long as you are holding down the buttons, the failure code will appear in the display as an E followed by two numbers, a number and a letter or two letters. The control will beep, and the Door Lock, Wash, Rinse, and Final Spin indicator lights will flash.

See what error code is coming up if any write it down. Then clear all the stored codes:

To clear the latest stored error code:
• Turn the Program Knob to the start position of the cycle furthest to the left.
• Press Start/Pause to start the cycle and save it.
• Press Cancel to stop the cycle and turn off the LEDs.
• Press Cancel again to turn on the LEDs.
• Within 5 seconds, press and hold the Option and Start/Pause buttons until LEDs start sequentially chasing, then release buttons.
• Turn the program knob clockwise seven clicks from the Start Position. The control will signal the last error code.
• Press and hold the Options and Start/Pause buttons for 3 seconds. The error clears from memory.
• Exit Diagnostic Mode to return the washer to regular operation.
a) Unplug the power cord, wait 5-8 seconds, then reconnect the power cord OR
b) Turn the program knob clockwise 2 or 3 clicks after the Start Position. Press Options and Start/Pause buttons together for a few seconds
until wash cycle LEDs appear.

Once you do that let me know if you get any codes.

Chev454ss! Topic starter July 31, 2023 1:25 pm

@master-tech I tried the steps above. With my machine, "Within 5 seconds, press and hold the Option and Start/Pause buttons until LEDs start sequentially chasing, then release buttons" does not work. The LEDS do not start chasing. The reset portion of the recommendations doesn't work either with my ATF8000FS1, neither does unplugging the machine for 5+ minutes. I am getting a code E52 but I'm having a hard time understanding why as the motor runs for wash, spins, and switches direction when a spin cycle is finished to "fluff" the clothes prior to removing them. (this is driving me nuts! :)) )

Master Tech July 31, 2023 3:09 pm

Disconnect the plug from the drive motor and
measure the resistance pins 4 & 5 in the
motor.

If the reading is between 105 & 130 Ohms, replace
the speed control board.
If the meter reads not than between 105 & 130
Ohms, replace the motor.

Chev454ss!! Topic starter August 4, 2023 8:14 pm

@master-tech Is the speed control board also known as the motor control board. I'm asking because on a part search I can find no reference to a speed control board, just a motor control board. BTW, I read 117 ohms on pins 4,5.

Master Tech August 4, 2023 8:28 pm
This post was modified 9 months ago 2 times by Master Tech

Yes so that does need to be replaced, the part you need is linked below: Motor Control Board For Frigidaire Washer Model ATF8000FS1 https://prismparts.com/products/for-frigidaire-washer-motor-control-board-part-number-pp0871983x14?_pos=5&_sid=9426b9b25&_ss=r&variant=39310402977892

Topic starter

After I checked the reading and found the tach/generator was good I found the real problem. The connection to the motor was dirty. I cleaned the sockets and it's running fine. Replacing parts as a way of troubleshooting doesn't always cure the problem.

Your Answer

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: