Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Error F51
The Cabrio Washer Error F51 happens when the main control board detects a bad RPS (Motor Rotor Position Sensor) or there is a wiring problem in the lower wiring harness. There are some steps below that will show you how to fix f51 error code.
- First try and reset the washer by unplugging it or killing power to it at your breaker or fuse panel for a few minutes then restore power to it. This will reset the main control board by allowing all the capacitors in the control to drain.
- Start a new cycle and if the error persists move on to the steps listed below.
- Remove the cover panel on the back of the the console and make sure that P5 and P10 plug connectors are properly connected to the board. Check the wiring from the board to the lower harness where it plugs in to the Rotor Position Sensor making sure that none of the wires are damaged.
- If visual inspection of the wiring at the board checks out then there are some diagnostic steps to take to figure out the problem. You will need an ohm/volt meter and understand how to use it.
- Usually this problem is caused by a failed RPS sensor and simply replacing it will fix the problem, but it can also be a wiring problem with the lower wiring harness or a bad main board not reading the sensor properly if you want the diagnostic troubleshooting tests and have a ohm/volt meter let us know and we will be glad to help. You can see this troubleshooting guide for in depth troubleshooting for the Kenmore Oasis Washer F51 Error. Since the Cabrio, Oasis and Bravos model washers all use the same drive system it also covers the F51 error code for those units as well.
We Offer Cabrio Washer Error F51 Repair Help
If you need the specific diagnostic steps to take for the cabrio f51 error repair then click on the live tech help button at the bottom right of the page and let one of our technicians help you in live chat. You can also visit our Tech Help Service Center and order a Custom F51 Error Repair Guide.
Parts You May Need To Repair This Error
- Whirlpool Cabrio Rotor Position Sensor
Whirlpool W10183157 Sensor and Harness Kit for Washer:
We advise you to order the entire RPS kit because it comes with the sensor and entire lower wiring harness. This way if its a wiring issue causing the problem once you install this kit you will not have any more issues.
The kit can be ordered from the link below, just click on the image:
2. The main control board
In order to give you the replacement part number for the control board you will have to give us the full model number of your washer as the boards change depending on the model. Also we suggest that you get the test procedures from us and do all the diagnostic tests needed to insure the main control board is bad before ordering it because they are fairly expensive.
This error code applies to the models below in the tag section and many more.