Whirlpool Cabrio Washer OL Error Code
The Cabrio Washer OL error code stands for overloaded which means the control has recognized that the load in the tub is to much for the machine to handle or there is friction on the drive system not allowing the basket to disengage. Steps to take to try and remedy the Cabrio Washer Error OL Error are listed below.
- Make sure you have not overloaded the machine, remove some clothes if necessary.
- Number 1 is the most common problem but this error can also be caused by a mechanical issue. If you use liquid HE detergent and not HE powder detergent the shaft the tubs rides up and down on to engage and disengage gets soap scum built up and corrodes and will not allow the tub to move properly. You will have to pull the tub and clean the shaft up and if it’s real bad you will just have to replace the shaft, bearing and seals.
Instructions To Access And Clean The Shaft To Repair The Cabrio Washer OL Error
When the tub fills with water, the inner basket should rise about 1 inch from the center agitator, disengaging the basket from the motor. If the basket doesn’t float, it will move with the agitator, causing the Whirlpool Cabrio Washer OL Error Code. If the basket isn’t floating, you’ll need to disassemble the washer. Here are the steps:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Lift the washer’s top. There are 2 latches in the seams between the top and bottom sections, about 6 1/2 inches from the right and left sides. Insert a small screwdriver and push the latch while lifting the top.
- Fold the top back, exposing the inner tub. Support the glass lid to prevent damage.
- Remove the plastic top of the tub. Disconnect the hose at the back and unsnap the snaps around the outer edge.
- Remove the cap in the center of the agitator.
- Remove the center screw under the cap.
- Remove the agitator, lifting it evenly.
- Remove the 6 Phillips screws in the middle holding the plastic top gear. Be careful not to drop the screws.
- Remove the plastic top gear.
- Pull the plastic lower gear off the splined shaft.
- Pull the basket up and off the shaft. If it’s corroded to the shaft it’s hard to remove. The video below shows how to remove the tub if it’s stuck and won’t come out easily.
How To Remove A Stuck Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Tub
13. Clean the corroded shaft and the inside bearing on the basket. Ensure the basket can easily slide up and down the shaft.
14. Reassemble in reverse order. Check that the basket can float by pulling up on it from the top inside lips.
If you don’t find corrosion or the issue persists, replace the 4 suspension rods as they may have weakened.
If the shaft is too far gone, eat up with corrosion so bad that you can’t clean it you will have to replace the shaft and bearings.
There is a good tutorial at the link provided for directions and parts you will need to make this repair : How To Replace Bearing, Shaft And Tub Seal
If you have any questions about this Whirlpool Cabrio Washer OL Error Code repair don’t hesitate to ask, you can post a question in our Whirlpool Washer Repair Questions Forum.
This error code applies to the models below in the tag section and many more.