Whirlpool Washer F20 Error Explained
The whirlpool washer error F20 means either water is not entering the machine or the pressure switch has not tripped in a 6 minute time period. Steps to take to fix the Whirlpool washer F20 error are listed below:
- If there is no water entering the washer tub then:
- Check your water supply lines on your home and make sure you have water pressure.
- Check the water supply lines and inlet valve screens for blockage.
2. If water is entering the unit then:
- Make sure the drain pump is working and the unit is draining properly.
- Check that water level pressure switch hose for kinks, blockage, rips or holes and that it is properly connected to the water level pressure switch housing.
- Press pause/cancel button twice to clear the display, the machine will drain for a few minutes before unlocking the door.
- Unplug the washer and check all the wiring to the pressure switch from the Central Control Unit (CCU) and make sure all connections are properly plugged in at the CCU, the pressure switch and the drain pump.
3. Plug the unit back up and start a cycle, if it continues to give you the Whirlpool washer F20 error then there are some tests you will have to do with an ohm meter to determine the cause of the failure. If you need the instructions to do these tests let us know and a technician can help you online.
If you need help making this repair or need replacement part numbers for your model washer just click the live tech help button at the bottom right of your page or visit our Tech Help Service Center and order a Custom
This error code applies to the models below in the tag section and many more.