Understanding and Troubleshooting the Samsung Washer Error Code ND or 5E
What Does Samsung Washer Error Code ND or 5E Mean?
The Samsung Washer Error Code ND or 5E indicates a problem with water drainage. The code stands for ‘No Drain’ or ‘Water Drain Issue’. This error appears when the washer has been trying to drain the water for over 15 minutes without success.
If you own a Samsung washing machine, you know that it’s a reliable appliance that gets the job done. However, like any other appliance, it can sometimes run into issues. One such issue is the ND or 5E error code. But don’t worry, this error is something you can often troubleshoot and fix yourself.
Common Causes of the ND or 5E Error Code
Several issues can cause the ND or 5E error code:
- Clogged Drain Hose Advertisement
- Faulty Drain Pump: If the drain pump is damaged or malfunctioning, it may not be able to pump the water out of the washer. Usually something is stuck in the tub to pump hose.
To properly clean out the filter catch, you’ll first need to disassemble the washing machine. This involves removing the top panel, control panel, and front panel. Once these are removed, you can disconnect the hose that links the tub and the filter catch. This will allow you to extract any debris, often a sock, that’s lodged inside. With the debris removed, you can then proceed to clean the filter catch thoroughly.
- Kinked Drain Hose: If the drain hose is kinked or bent, it can restrict the flow of water, leading to the ND or 5E error code.
- Faulty Control Board: Although less common, a faulty control board could also cause this error code. If the control board isn’t sending the right signals to the drain pump, the washer won’t drain.
How to Fix the ND or 5E Error Code
Now that we know what causes the ND or 5E error code, let’s look at how to fix it:
- Check and Clean the Drain Hose: Disconnect the drain hose and check for any blockages. If you find any debris, clean it out and reconnect the hose.
- Inspect the Drain Pump: If the drain hose is clear, the next step is to check the drain pump. If it’s visibly damaged or not working when the washer should be draining, you may need to replace it. A Samsung washer replacement pump motor is linked below. Be sure that you verify your washer’s model number to be sure it’s the correct pump motor for your washer.
Samsung Washer Error Code ND or 5E Repair Part – Drain Pump Motor
3. Straighten the Drain Hose: Ensure that the drain hose isn’t kinked or bent. If it is, straighten it out to allow the water to flow freely.
Samsung Washer Error Code ND or 5E Repair Help
4. Consult a Professional: If you’ve tried the above steps and the error code is still appearing you can always ask for help in our Samsung Washer Repair Questions Forum.