Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Won’t Drain Repair Help
April 6, 2017 | Error Codes, Whirlpool Cabrio Washer | 6 Comments|
Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Won’t Drain
When your whirlpool cabrio washer won’t drain there are some steps you can take to try and get it draining again, just follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- First make sure the drain pump is getting voltage from the main board when it should be draining, you should hear the pump motor running. If not check the wiring and plug connection at the pump and make sure the connection is good and that the wiring harness to the drain pump motor is in good shape.
- If the drain pump is getting voltage and you can hear it running then something has the drain system stopped up. Remove the tub to pump hose and check it for blockage, check the tub where there drain pump hose connects and make sure that area is clear. Just remember if there is water in the tub when you pull that hose off the water is coming out!
- Remove the pump motor and check it for trash or anything that may be stopping it up and causing it not to drain. Check the pump impeller and make sure its not wobbly.
- If your cabrio washer won’t drain after the steps above then remove the drain hose from the pump to the drain and make sure its clear also check your drain and make sure its draining properly, in most cases if its stopped up that bad it will cause the drain to overflow and you would notice water on the floor.
- If all the above checks out and still your cabrio washer won’t drain and you are positive the pump motor is good and getting voltage from the control then there is likely something stuck under the basket in the main tub where it drains and is blocking it from the top side so you will have to remove the agitator/impeller plate and the basket to get to the blockage.
- If the pump is not getting voltage from the board there are some steps you can take to determine if the board pump circuit has failed. If you need help with that let us know.
- If the pump is getting voltage and no blockages where found anywhere and you can hear the pump running when it should be then just replace the drain pump motor because even though it may look ok the impeller is damaged and is causing the pump to not drain properly.
If you need help getting this problem resolved or need instructions on accessing the parts mentioned in this article then feel free to click on the live tech help button on the bottom right of your screen and let us know.
Hello, My Whirlpool Cabrio will not drain, I have drained it manually so there are no blockages, I replaced the pump but realized that there is no power going to it even after I select drain and spin. I see you had a comment on fixing the power supply from the board but I had to write in to you for advice. I hope you can help!